Now that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are in the rear view mirror, it’s time for my own Black Friday haul post! I pretty much entirely focused on cosmetics this year – initially I was plotting to get a PS4, but with the Persona 5 release date being pushed to April and no really amazing PS4 deals manifesting, I figured I’d just wait and see if anything better pops deal-wise between now and the P5 release date. Sure, Tales of Berseria is coming out in January, but as I still need to work through both Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Zestiria, I’m feeling a distinct lack of urgency on the PS4 front, basically. It doesn’t help that my PS3 finally bricked itself so I need to replace that one as well because Sony apparently doesn’t believe in backwards compatibility… sigh.
Uh, so, right. All that is to say, instead of dropping cash on a gaming console, I instead decided to shore up my makeup kit. In preparation for the sales, I went through my cosmetic stash and came out realizing that I desperately needed five things:
- I had somehow allowed myself to get down to only one small GWP size of mascara
- I was in serious need of more neutral matte eyeshadows for daily wear (I had TONS of shimmery palettes and vibrant mattes, but my Urban Decay Pulp Fiction palette was my only source of neutral mattes jfc)
- I wanted to invest in some higher quality brushes because I was sick of my powder brush shedding all over my face every time I applied my pore finishing powder. Yuck.
- I was about to run out of my shampoo and conditioner and wasn’t impressed enough with either of them to justify a repurchase, so if I could find a volumizing shampoo/conditioner set, that would be stellar!
- Eye makeup remover. My makeup remover wipes were “accidentally” thrown out by someone who will remain nameless, and the only makeup cleansing water that I had on hand was the Boscia Sake Cleansing Water – which, while it works nicely for removing foundation and SPF, is not something I recommend using on your eyes!
So, with those goals in mind, I started creeping on sites like Musings of a Muse and Temptalia, noting which sites were going to have sales and which brands were releasing limited edition sets/palettes for the shopping holiday.
I ended up managing to check every box on my list (and then some ?), so if you’d like to see how I made out, please read on!